SAP Smartforms in Hindi Language
Language Translation is the facility given by SAP for handling the output text font, location or login language wise. The following case shows how we can handle language Hindi in Smartforms for display. The same can be replaced with any other language that SAP supports or can be included explicitly.
1. You must have Unicode enabled SAP version.
2. Your PC must have Hindi laguage installed on it.
That is if you open MS Word then you must be able to type Hindi.
Now coming back to SAPScript/ Smartforms.
1. Check using T-Code I18N, whether Hindi pack is included in SAP environment. It is basically a Basis activity.
2. Maintain Text Modules for Smartforms in t-code Smartforms. These Text Modules we will use to convert it into Hindi.
3. Use Standard Translation Environment(t-code SE63) for maintaining the Hindi Transation of Text Modules. Goto Se63 -> Translation -> ABAP objects -> Other Long Texts -> B5 SAPscript: Forms and Styles -> SSF SAP Smart Form. Here provide the Text Module you created previously and give source Language as EN and Target Language as HI and maintain the corresponding Hindi text for the same.
4. Now in t-code Smartforms when creating new Smartform, give Text Module as Text Type, Text Module Name, the one you created earlier and select ‘HI’ as the translation language. The corresponding Text Module with Text will be shown below.
5. Now Test the new Smartform created. It will now show the desired text converted into Hindi Font.