In an SAP implementation the data from legacy system (non SAP) normally transferred to the SAP system. Periodic data transfer between SAP and other system (interfacing) is also required. Both of the above form a part of data migration. In SAP, known tools for data migration are:
- BDC (Batch Data Communication)
- LSMW (Legacy System Migration Workbench)
This document presents Overview of LSMW and to provides you information about how to use this functionality.
Following are the highlights from this presentation:
- Difference between BDC & LSMW
- What is LSMW ? Principles, Features and Pre-Requisities for LSMW
- Import methods defined: IDOC’ s,BAPI’s, Standart/Direct Input, Batch Input
- Steps for using conversion tool LSMW
- Procedures for Direct Input Method, Batch Input Method, BAPI in LSMW and so on..
Download Link: Step by Step LSMW Tutorial