SAP Script is the old method but still very effective in some cases. But as time passes we have to adopt the new technique SAP Smartform which is better and more reliable.
Hence SAP providers us the interface to convert Script to Smartform.
There are basicially two techniques that can be adopted: Individual Migration and Mass Migration.
You can migrate a SAPscript form into a Smart Form and convert a SAPscript style into a Smart Style.
When converting a SAPscript style into a Smart Style, the system converts all paragraph and character formats with all their properties and attributes without any changes. Thus you can use the converted Smart Style without making any adaptations.
When migrating a SAPscript form into a Smart Form, the system executes the following steps:
a) It copies the language attributes and the output options.
b) It migrates the layout information including pages, windows, and their attributes and positions on the page.
c) It copies the texts in the form.
d) It displays the fields (SAPscript notation: program symbols) in the texts.
e) It converts the SAPscript commands (such as NEW-PAGE or IF-ENDIF) to comment lines and displays them in the texts.
After the migration, you have a template that you can enhance and modify according to your needs. Adapt the form logic by specifying the commands which the system converted to comment lines.
The system does not migrate the print program (data retrieval) or the form logic contained in the print program. You must make the required changes to the respective print program yourself.
1. Go to the SAP Smart Forms initial screen (transaction SMARTFORMS ).
2. In the Form field enter the name of the Smart Form you want to create.
3. Choose Utilities -> Migrate SAPscript form.The dialog window Migrate SAPscript Form appears.
4. Enter the name and the language of the source form (SAPscript).
5. Choose Enter.This takes you to the change mode of the SAP Form Builder. If the selected SAPscript form does not exist in the selected language, a dialog window appears on which you can select one of the existing languages.
6. Now change the design of the form and of the form logic. To activate the Smart Form choose Activate.
Converting a SAPscript style
1. 1. Go to the Smart Styles inital screen (transaction SMARTSTYLES ).
2. 2. In the Style name field enter the name of the Smart Style you want to create.
3. 3. Choose Smart Styles -> Convert SAPscript style.
4. 4. Enter the name of the SAPscript style you want to convert and Press Enter.
5. 5. Alist of the converted styles appears.
6. 6. Choose Back. You can now change the Smart Style (Change).To activate the Smart Style choose Activate.
You can migrate any number of SAPscript forms in one go.
1. Run the mass migration program. In Reporting (transaction SE38), select the program SF_MIGRATE and execute it . Select the names and the language of the SAPscript forms and click the execute icon. The system creates the Smart Forms named for the SAPscript forms plus the extension SF. It displays a list of the migrated forms.
2. Make changes (if necessary). To change and adapt a form, go to transaction SMARTFORMS. Then activate the changed Smart Form.
Once the SAPscripts are converted, whether in Smart Forms or Smart Styles, you should clean up any errors made during the conversion process, in terms of attributes, window alignment, or syntax errors. Cleaning up errors during conversion is often standard procedure, as SAPscript might have used local logic. Errors may occur when a field displayed is extracted or manipulated to display and doesn’t exist, or fields exist but appear with no values. Errors may also arise in ABAP syntax.You have to check the Import and Export Parameter in Globakl Settings of Smartform .Remove the Unnecessary node.Check the text node and then check the Syntax.